The Coronavirus and Your Business
The COVID-19 pandemic is impacting all aspects of life in Sioux Falls. And we know that even when it has passed, its effects will persist. The Chamber is here to support businesses of all sizes as you navigate changing times. Please contact us if we can be of assistance.
Below is a list of resources that may be helpful for your business or for your employees. New resources are still being created and this list will be regularly updated.
Financial and programmatic support for businesses
- If your business needs help with your response and continuity plans, check out the tools available to you in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Resiliency in a Box program.
- Nationwide, the business community is mobilizing its expertise, capabilities and community resources to assist with the relief and containment efforts. View the Corporate Aid Tracker to find programs that may fit your industry or employees.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus. Visit sba.gov/disaster
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act was passed by Congress to address paid leave and unemployment insurance for workers impacted by the pandemic. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce provided a summary of this legislation.
Local help for employees and individuals
- The One Sioux Falls Fund helps individuals avoid evictions and financial hardships if they are unable to work due to COVID-19 and if they are unable to qualify for federal or state assistance.
- Corona Help Sioux Falls is a coalition of churches is working to bring supplies and food to those in need during the pandemic.